Date(s) - 12/06/2019 - 14/06/2019
The NIW Innovation Summit, Research Innovation Poster Competition is organized to encourage post-graduate students, post-docs and faculty members in Universities and Research Institutions to present their original research to an international audience with a focus on Innovation.
The research work must present an innovative solution to a national, regional or international challenge in society. The Innovation Summit, therefore, provides an important platform for researchers to share and discuss their research innovation.
- First Prize – KES 75,000 and Certificate
- Second Prize – KES 50,000 and Certificate
- Third Prize – KES 25,000 and Certificate
The Competition Entry
The competition entry shall follow a two step process:
- Submission of an abstract describing the research innovation (see below).
Deadline for submission is May 15, 2019.DUE TO REQUEST FROM SEVERAL POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS, DEADLINE MOVED TO MAY 24TH, 2019.
- There is a limited number of spaces for the poster presentations and competition. As a result, the conference organisers will shortlist 50 abstracts for presentation at the Summit. All those who submitted abstracts will be notified of the short-listing decision on or before May 16, 2019 via email, and will also be posted on this website. All presenters shall be required to register for the NIW Innovation Summit 2019, at the discounted rate of KES 10,000 by latest May 30, 2019 (will cater for printing of the posters, Innovation Summit attendance, materials, lunches, AM and PM teas on Thursday 6/13 and Friday 6/14).
This competition is open to all post-graduate students, post-docs, faculty and staff of universities and research institutions.
Abstract Submission Guidelines and Deadline
The abstract submission deadline for the poster competition is
May 15, 2019 EXTENDED TO MAY 24TH, 2019. Abstracts shall be reviewed and authors notified on a rolling basis as they are received.
The abstract submission must include the following:
- For each author: Full Name, Affiliation, email address.
- Abstract (Prepare with the following headings):
- Design/Methodology Approach
- Innovation Aspects
Poster Submission Guidelines and Deadline
Shortlisted authors will be required to submit a .pdf of their poster via email to email@example.com. Deadline for submission of your poster is May 30, 2019.
Posters should be 33.1″ width and 46.8″ high (A0 size-Portrait). For attachments over 10MB, presenters should submit as a download link (e.g on google drive, dropbox, etc) link. The conference organisers will print and mount your posters on the June 11, 2019.
Poster Presentation and Judging
The formal poster presentations shall occur on Wednesday June 12, 2019 from 2:30pm-4:30pm (This will allow all presenters to attend all sessions of the Innovation Summit on June 13 and 14). Presenters are expected to be by their posters as the judges, together with members of the public go round. Posters will remain up for public viewing through 5 PM Friday June 14, 2019, after which presenters can take them down.
The judges will come to your poster during poster presentations. You will be given about 5-7 minutes to present your poster including questions and answers. Judges may pose questions during the evaluation of the poster. Apart from the judging time you may also be present at the poster at any time during the summit to share your Research Innovation with interested delegates. Please note that the judges’ decision will be final and no clarification will be given.
Winners of the Research Innovation Poster Competition shall be announced during the closing session of the Innovation Summit on Friday June 14. Winners must be present to receive their prizes, failure to which the next best scoring poster presentations will be awarded.
May 15 – Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
May 24 – EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
May 16 – Deadline for notification of those shortlisted (done on a rolling basis)
May 30 – Deadline for discounted registration to NIW Innovation Summit
May 30 – Deadline for submission of poster for printing
June 11 – Mounting of all posters
June 12 – 2:30-4:30pm – Poster presentations and Judging
June 14 – 4:15PM – Announcement of Winners and Award of Prizes