November 5th-15th, 2018.
The basic/intermediate course course aims to provide practical training on basics of solar electricity, solar resource mapping, site assessment and planning, design of solar PV systems as well as installation and maintenance.
Target and Qualifications
The applicant must have at least Kenya Certificate Secondary Education (or equivalent) plus Diploma in Electrical and/ or Electronics or BSc Electrical Engineering or relevant degree or Higher National Diploma. Those who have been practicing installation or retailing for at least 2 years will also be considered for the training.
The training is ideal for groups or individuals from government, public or private institutions, electrical installation technicians, teachers, technical institute tutors, NGO’s outreach personnel and solar PV retailers.
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Basics of solar PV electricity,
- Solar PV characteristics
- Solar PV components (panels, batteries, charge controllers, inverters),
- Solar V appliances (lights, refrigerators, tv, radio, water pumping),
- Site survey and solar system sizing,
- Solar PV systems Installation and maintenance
- Entrepreneurship in Solar PV applications
- Copies of training manual, practical manuals
- Equipment, accessories and tools for demonstration
- Tools and equipment for installation practical
On successful completion of the course students receive a certificate of participation from the University of Nairobi for accreditation and licensing by ERC
The course duration is Two Weeks at a cost of KShs. 46,000 per person for Kenyans or US$ 570 for non-Kenyans. Fees covers tuition, training materials, lunch and teas.